I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award for new blogs by the awesome David long, check out his blog, Double Your Presence, and by aBodyofHope, who is an inspiration! I’ve also been nominated this week for the Lovely Blog Award from both 97nexus at Writingdevizes and Carter Vail, who both have wonderful blogs you should visit! Thank you all, this is a great honor.
I hope you’re all ready to see my nominations and hear 18 lame facts about me ❤
So there are some rules to these award nominations before I can accept them. Let’s start with the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on my blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about myself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who I feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask my nominees 11 questions.
For the Lovely Blog Award, I must:
- Thank the person who nominated me. Thank you so much, 97nexus and Cater Vail!
- Add the logo to my post.
- Share seven facts about myself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers I admire!
11 Random Facts (for the Liebster) plus 7 random facts (for the Lovely Blog) about Hayli:
- I am involved in 23andme’s genetic ancestry research.
- From this, I learned that I am 2.8% Neanderthal… Ooga!
- I have two pet rats I am allergic to.
- I’ve lived in more 15 different houses/trailers/apartments! J
- I am missing a knuckle on my right hand.
- I’ve acted at a haunted house.
- I have been in a commercial.
- I am dogmatically convinced that heads-up pennies are good luck.
- I was in both a punk and a folk band.
- I’m 5’2” and I can rock a mosh pit.
- I have a wonderful brother and sister, and a half-sister I didn’t know about until I was around twelve.
- I own four separate instruments I don’t know how to play, and I don’t own the one I do know how to play.
- My parents and I are avid garage sale-ers.
- I’ve been a lead actress in multiple plays.
- Yet, I have terrible stage fright.
- Part of me believes that dragons really exist.
- I love making snow sculptures.
- I had to get my boyfriend’s help to figure out this massive quantity of facts!
My answers to my presenter David’s questions:
How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging for about a month now.
What do you intend to achieve through blogging? I want to refine my skills and interact with other writers and artists.
Are you a happy man/woman? Care to share your reason? I am a happy woman because I surround myself with people and things that make me happy. I also refuse to let life’s setbacks get me down.
What is your goal in life now? My goal is to get into the MFA program at one of my two choice universities.
What’s next for you in life after achieving this current goal? My goal is to get a few degrees and to become a professor, writing on the side and traveling when I desire.
What is your favorite past time? I love to paint and dance around my living room.
Have you ever lived and experienced life in a culture that is different from yours? The furthest I’ve been is Canada, so I’m going to have to say the most diverse culture I’ve experienced was an assisted living where I volunteered. The elderly can be quite interesting at times.
Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter? Autumn! No question about that.
Coke or Pepsi? (Neither is also an option!) I’m gonna go with chocolate milk or tea 😉
Can you take a joke? What is that supposed to mean? (hehe)
Do you like David Long? Of course I do! Why else would I stalk *ehem* follow him?
My questions to my nominees (For the Liebster Award, but I’d love to hear everyone’s answers!):
- Do you have a favorite writing utensil or necessary brand?
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your absolute favorite conversation topic?
- What is your favorite sort of thing to read?
- What do you most like writing?
- How do you feel about rats?
- Who is your favorite artist?
- What blogger to you look forward to reading from most?
- What’s one thing that everyone notices about you?
- How does this award make you feel?
Liebster Award Nominations:
Christine Gitchell– For being an edgy writer and wonderful person
Angry Chili Developments– For being highly mulitalented
Lakeview Boulevard– For being a great writer and talented graphic artist
Casper is Watching– For great writing and an entertaining blog
Thoughts and Entanglements– For beautiful Poetry
Worthless Poems– For some of the best Haikus I’ve ever read
The Lark’s Roost– For great poetry and awesome titles
Jfreshly– For words that pack a punch
Adam Stannard Photography- For a great start to a beautiful photography blog
The Sarcastic Saint– For a wonderful sense of humor
A Haiku a Day– For great, daily haikus with my morning cup of tea
One Lovely Blog Award Nominations:
My Red Abyss– Because of his beautiful language
CJ Bane & Pearl– For beautiful photography
Fugitive Fragments– For provoking thoughts, providing encouragement, and for being talented
A Body of Hope- For being an inspiration
Richard Ankers– For being continuously impressive
Crazy Artist– For diverse and beautiful art
Visual Fling– For posting lovely watercolors
Your Well Wisher Program– For great insight on everything
Redgladiola– For great prose and poetry
A Small Act of Kindness– For making people smile
Just Another Corner– For phenomenal portraits
Kelzbelzphotography– For creativity in many forms
Lifechimes– For lovely words and photographs
Drawn Strings– For poetry that creates images
Randa Lane– For fantastic Haikus